Who we are
- Pickleball Lithuania is governing body for pickleball in Lithuania
- Lithuanian Pickleball Federation is a member of the International Federation of Pickleball (IFP)
- Established in 2021, Pickleball Lithuania is a non for profit organization whose volunteers and professionals support the mission
Board of Directors
President – Svajūnas Masilionis
- Born, raised and started a family in Panevėžys. He moved to Chicago in 1996.
- Owner of Chicago-based logistics company UC Group.
- Since arriving in the USA, he has been actively participating in Lithuanian sports activities of the diaspora. Founder of the Lithuanian Basketball and Football League of Chicago. He runs a non-profit organization, the Chicago Youth Foundation “Žalgiris”,which supports youth sports projects in Lithuanian community.
- Married. Wife Arenida, two adult sons – Modestas and Edvinas.
- 2020 In November, the World Lithuanian Center in Lemont, Chicago, began inviting compatriots to play pickleball.
- After receiving great interest – in the summer of 2021, the Lithuanian Pickleball Federation was established.
- Born, raised and raised a family in Vilnius.
- From 2011 to 2021, he headed the institution Public Institution “Sveikas Miestas”;
- Founder of one of the first extreme sports club in Lithuania “Iksas”;
- Ulf Even Aikido Center – Founder;
- Founder of the Tennis Club for People with Disabilities and the Lithuanian Association of the Disabled Sports;
- Member of the Committee of Snowboarding and Freestyle Skiing of the Lithuanian National Ski Association “LNSA” since 2010 and Secretary General of the Association;
- in 2013 – awarded a commemorative badge for merits to Vilnius municipality;
- in 2013 – the best sports manager of Vilnius city events in 2013;
- 2013 – Thank you of the Director of Vilnius City Municipality Administration for excellent work and active activity in organizing Vilnius Sports Fair 2013.
• Matas Niparas • Evaldas Ambrazaitis • Arnoldas Blinstrubas • Edvinas Balčiūnas • Deividas Kačinauskas •
To introduce, support and promote the sport of Pickleball to people throughout Lithuania and World.
- Promotion of Pickleball
- Providing instruction and clinics for players, coaches and officials
- Informing Lithuanian Pickleball community about the sport’s development
- Organizing tournaments and other competitions
- Developing an infrastructure Pickleball in Lithuania
Following the guidelines of Official Pickleball Rulebook Brief History Pickleball was invented in 1965 on Bainbridge Island, near Seattle, Washington. Three men Joel Pritchard, Bill Bell, and Barney McCallum — are credited for creating the game. Pickleball has evolved from original handmade equipment and simple rules into a popular sport throughout the World. Lithuanian Pickleball Federation joined International Federation of Pickleball in 2021.
Pickleball is a rapidly growing paddle sport that combines elements of tennis, badminton and table tennis. It is easy to learn, fast-paced and extremely fun to play due to the long rallies that occur throughout a game. Pickleball is mostly played in doubles. Singles are also very popular and fun for players who are looking for a greater challenge.